Graduate Program in Applied Ethics
- Our Program has four purposes:
- To train research experts as well as professional practitioners in the field of applied ethics (e.g. ethics of science and engineering, research ethics, environmental ethics, bioethics and business ethics [these listings are not exhaustive]) .
- To train research experts in the field of philosophy who are equipped with disciplines of applied ethics as well as general ethics.
- To cultivate human resources who have interdisciplinary knowledge and research skills. We also encourage students to acquire these academic assets through literature-based, theoretical research.
- To train research experts who have an insight on ethical issues at the global level by maintaining a close cooperation with overseas research institutions. We are also aiming at establishing ourselves as one of the centers of excellence in research and teaching of applied ethics in Asia.
- To operate the Program within the Faculty of Philosophy, Graduate School of Letters.